Right now we’re trying to meet as a group every 2 weeks, preferably in person but we also like to have the option of calling in. We rotate where we meet between different areas of Philly, because we live all over the place! These bi-weekly meetings are less for brainstorming or working, and more for sharing progress on certain projects, asking questions that require the entire group’s input, and planning our priorities for the next working period.
Right now we are all volunteering our time, but are actively working on starting to pay ourselves for this work.
Macro Administrative Pal (or MAP)
• makes agenda for bi-weekly meetings
• takes notes at bi-weekly meetings
• follow up with spokes-people on action items in between bi-weekly meetings, especially if tasks have a deadline
• organizes google folders
• plan and communicate location and time of bi-weekly meetings
• at the end of each bi-weekly meeting, facilitate figuring out who’s going to be in each pod for the next 2 weeks, make sure everyone has action items for the upcoming 2 weeks
• right now Katie and Katherine are sharing the responsibilities of MAP
This is basically how we’ve broken up different ideas that we’re working on into smaller working groups! Who is in the pods can change, depending on who’s interested in what the pod is working on that week. Pods set meeting times for themselves in between IRL bi-weekly meetings. The 5 pods we have right now are:
Each pod has a spokes-person. While everyone else can go in and out of pods every 2 weeks, the spokes-person for each pod stays with that pod indefinitely. The spokes-person is sort of like a MAP for the pod. They generally present at the bi-weekly meetings, keep a macro view of the pod’s responsibilities and priorities, and are the person who schedules meetings and working times for their pod. Right now, the spokes-people for each pod are:
Data/field survey: Chloe